The admission process is as follows:
- Complete the admission form and return it to the Admission Office with all the relevant documents. Failure to do so will result in your child's application not being processed.
- For overseas applications, please email the filled out form together with all the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Those applicants who do meet our entry requirements will be placed on hold until a suitable opportunity arises for them to move to the 2nd stage of the assessment process. Applicants who are invited to attend a formal assessment will be charged QR350 (non-refundable). The results of these assessments are the property of the school and places will be allocated at the discretion of the Principal.
- When a place is offered, a letter of acceptance will be prepared. Parents will have 7 days to settle the payments required or the place will be lost. In the event that the entrance standard has not been met, the child may (at the school's discretion) be invited to do the test again at a cost of QR100. The school will guide the parents about where improvements need to be made in order to improve the chances of a positive outcome the next time.
- Pre-School, Reception, Years 1 and 2 will be assessed by Head or Deputy Head of Primary. The focus of the assessment will be the children's communication and social skills.
- Years 3 and 4 will be assessed using Progress in English (PiE) and Progress in Mathematics (PiM) tests.
- Years 5 to 10 will be assessed using the digital Cognitive Abilities Test (CAT).
- Applicants seeking entry into Year 12 for the IB Diploma Programme will be subject to meeting our minimum entry requirements of 5 I/GCSEs with grades between A* to C. Copies of the applicant's predicted grades or IGCSE results will have to be provided so that they can be reviewed by the IB Coordinator before being offered a provisional place. Applicants who come from a system different from I/GCSE will be assessed by the IB Coordinator.
- Entry into the school will normally be allowed only at the beginning of a term. If a child is enrolled after the beginning of a school term, a full term's tuition fee will be required regardless of when the admission occurs.
The forms are available to download here. There is a charge of QR350 per application form. No application will be processed prior to receipt of this fee. Overseas applicants can pay by bank transfer. Please email email@example.com for details.
All fees are invoiced termly. Fees are reviewed annually and any increases are subject to approval from the Supreme Education Council. The school year is divided into three terms and Tuition Fees are payable per term. The Resources Fee is levied with the first term Tuition Fees payable for each Academic Year. All tuition fees are non-refundable. No reduction is made for temporary absence or illness, or early withdrawal for whatever reason.
- An Application Fee of QR 350 is payable with the submission of each child's application.
- An Assessment Fee of QR 223 is due for entrance test for all students.
- A Registration Fee of QR 3650 per child, the first term Tuition Fees and the Consumables Levy is payable upon the child's admission to the school. All of the above are non-refundable.
- Future Tuition Fees are due within 30 days of invoice.
- Invoices for Tuition Fees will be sent home with student. Tuition Fees are due within 30 days of invoice.
- Invoices will not be emailed or faxed except in extraordinary circumstances.
Fees are subject to annual review. Payment may be made by cash or cheque made payable to Doha British School. Parents who receive full or partial payment for school fees from their employer are responsible for the prompt payment of all school fees. Written notice of withdrawal of a pupil must be given one (1) full term prior to the pupil leaving the school. If such notice is not given, one term's fees will be payable in lieu of notice.
Fee Schedule 2017-2018