The IB Diploma is academically demanding and (I)GCSE results are a key indicator of the potential of students sitting this qualification. From September 2014 the minimum entry requirement for Diploma level students will be:
- For Higher Level options – 3 (I)GCSEs at B or above.
- For Standard Level options – 3 (I)GCSEs at C or above.
- For Higher level Mathematics – IGCSE Mathematics at A*.
- For Standard Level Mathematics – IGCSE Mathematics at A.
- For Maths Studies – IGCSE Mathematics at B.
N.B.: All students must have English Language and Mathematics at B or above to be considered for the IBDP.
Students studying the IB Course (or certificate) must choose a minimum of 4 subjects, which can be studied at Standard or Higher Level. They will also be required to complete 150 Creativity, Action and Service hours. From September 2014, the minimum entry criteria for Certificate level students will be 4 (I)GCSEs at C or above (including English and Mathematics). Students can also choose to complete the Extended Essay and could receive additional points for doing so.