Covid School Reopening
Parents are encouraged to explain the arrangements and safety precautions we have in school to their children. This will help them prepare for the things to expect when they come back to school.
Students should wear their normal school uniform each day apart from days when they have PE when they should wear their PE kit instead. We will not be using our changing rooms until the current pandemic is behind us.
Students must bring their own:
- Face mask: children from Year 1, all staff and parents are required to wear a face mask.
Lockers will not be available and large bags should be kept at home. If students have personal devices, such as smartphones, then they must be kept securely in their pockets all day and not be used at all during school hours (not applicable to Primary school children).
- Temperature checks: this will take place during morning registration.
- Ehteraz app: all adults and students over the age of 12 years old must show a green Ehteraz status.
- Walk straight to the classroom: Students must go straight to their classrooms upon arrival at school where they will be welcomed by their teachers. Only students from Preschool to Year 2 can be accompanied by their parents.
- Only one parent will be allowed entry inside the campus for a maximum of 10 minutes only.
When the students are inside the school, we will adhere to strict health and safety precautions.
- Less physical movement: where possible, students will remain in the same classroom and on the same seat all day. Once a seat has been designated then that is where the pupil will sit at all times. The teacher will move around from room to room.
- No group gatherings: students will not be permitted to gather in groups inside the school premises (including play areas). Collective activities such as assemblies and extra-curricular activities will not take place
- Directional arrows: when student do move around the school site, directional arrows on the floor indicate that students must keep to the right at all times and direction
- Hygiene and deep cleaning: in addition to the enhanced routine of cleaning every day and deep cleaning at the weekend, the school will be zoned and each zone will be deep cleaned every hour.
As well as our normal nurse’s station, we will have an additional care area in place where students will be looked after if they fall ill during the school day. If this happens, we will ensure that the correct MoPH procedures are followed in terms of supporting those affected and communicating with families.
You can find all the relevant news, updates and guidelines that DBS has with regard to the school reopening on this page.
More to Explore